Thursday, October 23, 2008

The One With Good News!

Ok, so I am taking inspiration from a fellow blogger for the title today ... I just can't think of a better one. :)

I seriously was freaking out this morning. Chase has been sick since Monday with the runs. On Tuesday, I stayed home because he was SHAKING as I changed his diaper, and he clearly only wanted his mommy. I could tell he just felt AWFUL.

Yesterday, he was up at 5 am and nearly threw up, but somehow managed to keep it down. Tyler stayed home until I got done with work, as it was my late night (till 7 pm). When I got home, Chase was already in bed. I didn't think anything of it when he didn't wake up before 10 pm ... and since I checked on him and he was ok, I put a blanket on him and went to bed after 11 pm. I awoke this morning to the jolt that he hadn't woken up in the middle of the night as I'd been sure he would. The dilemma: check on him and risk waking him when I know Tyler needs his sleep ... or go to work wondering what is going on behind that door! Around 9:30 am I couldn't stand it anymore and called home. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi! Is Chase awake yet?
DH (Dear Husband): Nope, I was going to give him until 10 am and then go wake him up.
Me: So, he was asleep when I got home last night ... when did he go to bed?
DH: 3:00 or so.
Me: Ha ha. No, seriously, when did you put him down?
DH: Seriously, around 3pm.
Me: Go wake him up!
DH: Thanks for the orders.
Me: Seriously, I am freaking out, please go make sure he's ok. (near tears)
DH: Ok.
Me: As in NOW, put the phone down and go do it!
DH: *SIGH* Ok.
(me straining and turning the volume up to hear ... I hear him talking to Chase about getting up, and Chase saying, "No!" -- me breathing a sigh of relief)
DH: Well, he's awake, but he doesn't want to get up.
Me: I don't care, as long as he's alive!

I seriously could hardly think of anything else from the time I got to work. He slept for about 18.5 hours, folks!!!!

The good part of this story ... I called to check on them about 11:30 to see how he was doing, and he was running around and acting like himself again, Tyler said. And, since it had been so long without a runny diaper, he was cleared to go to daycare! Phew!!! He fell asleep promptly in the car when I picked him up, so I know he's still not at 100%, but he's eating and back to much healthier diapers. THANK GOODNESS! Now, if the rest of us can keep from getting it by Monday, I will call us safe!!

Other good news of the day ... my car's check engine light went off today ... I had opened my trunk today ... it's the only thing I can think of that changed, LOL ... but whatever, it went away! Here's hoping the light stays off!

And ... Tyler's car was worked on and fixed all in one day ... hardly took any time at all, AND it cost much less than anticipated!! Apparently he has easy struts to replace? (just have cartridges?) AND ... Tyler has been offered a job at Wal-Mart! So, that will be a weekend job. He goes in on Monday to accept the offer and do paperwork or whatever. And, apparently he told them daytime hours so that he can be home in the evenings with us. I just hope that he can handle everything with him being on four 10-hour days right now. He doesn't get done with work until 2 am, so it can make for some very short nights depending on when Chase gets up.

Ok, that was a long and newsy post ... thanks for reading!


1 comment:

Busy Momma said...

Mel, I can feel your anxiety! I would freak out if I called home and my baby wasn't up yet and had been in bed since 3!! wow, scary moment. glad all is ok