Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some prayers answered ... (for Stellan)


Here is poor Julia with her fat lip and Blake in their orange for Stellan today. I sent this picture in during my lunch hour as I ran out of time this morning. Stellan had some success with his ablation ... time is the true test. I am so relieved ... like so many I was checking in constantly on the MckMama blog. I couldn't see twitter at work and that was where I KNEW updates would show up. It felt like I was sitting in a waiting room waiting for news of a close relative, even though we've never met. I sat and teared up at the obvious outpouring through the "Wear Orange for Stellan" photos popping up on the blog, and teared up whenever I thought of him. Then I would stop and imagine what my coworkers would think if they saw me crying over someone I've never met ... and when I haven't even heard bad news! That is the power of the Internet, the power of the written word, and a higher power? I still don't know how I happened upon MckMama's (Jen's) blog, but I am ever so glad that I did.

So thanks if you read my post and thought about or prayed for Stellan ... and if you can hang in there with me and keep it up I'd be thrilled.

Thanks,
Melinda

No comments: