Monday, April 6, 2009

Road to Recovery?

I didn't originally have a question mark at the end of the title to this post, but I feel like I'm jinxing myself if I say it with certainty. I am still not 100%, and neither is Blake. Julia and Chase seem fine, and I take some comfort in that. Poor Blake just can't quit clearing his throat, and he coughs and I just think something is still up with him. But honestly, I think he's been clearing his throat like that since his surgery a year ago, so who knows?

For anyone who is reading but doesn't talk to me regularly, I got really sick after my last post and ended up missing 4 days of work due to myself ... and it would have been more but there was a weekend in there. Yeah. Well, then I hurt my neck presumably from coughing so much! Around the 23rd my neck started hurting and as the week went on it got worse and by Friday afternoon I went to my team leader and asked if I could leave and dissolved into tears.

I was given some pain meds and a steroid to help the swelling come down, and to help my sinuses and coughing subside faster, and I was sent to Physical Therapy. Yep, all because I coughed ... only me, I tell ya. I am feeling much better after only two sessions of PT, though sitting at my 'puter at work does get things tightened up again. Who knew? I thought I spent a lot of time turning my head at my job, but I guess it is a lot less than I thought. I should be done with PT soon, though ... tomorrow is my next session at SIX THIRTY AM ... yes, I am crazy. I will make it there on time, I will make it there on time, I will not sleep in, I will not sleep in ... that is my mantra.

Over the weekend I cleaned house (yep, a sure sign my neck is starting to feel better), and the kids and I cleaned out the car. Then I vacuumed it out and wiped down the console. It looks so nice, and Blake has commented on how much he likes it this way. I explained that over the winter we get in a hurry because we want to get out of the cold and just leave stuff in the car, but we will be better about it now ... hopefully we can keep it up. :)

Anyway, we also played outside, and a (new? - haven't seen him before recently) boy from down the street brought his BIG bottle of bubble soap over and so my kids brought theirs out too and they blew bubbles in the 40 degree weather. Actually, it was probably a little cooler than that. It wasn't warm. But, I got some awesome pictures ... check these out! (These are completely unedited -- no color adjustments or anything, so please forgive me if they are off at all.)

I also got to visit with my friend Rhonda for a while on Sunday. She stopped over to get some help with her taxes. I started out working on them, and then she took over ... really, it's just read and plug in the numbers, mark yes or no to questions ... they do the rest. I was basically just doing it because I've been through it so many times that it goes a little faster for me. So anyway, we started that and almost got that done, and then we went out for lunch to Burger King, and over to her apartment to visit. It was nice! We haven't gotten together in what seems like forever. The kids all seemed to get along ok too ... the big kids were content to watch TV, too, though lol ... so that helped! :)

Well, 6:30 will come extremely early, so I had better get this posted. I just had to show off my fancy camera work, lol ... they did turn out pretty well if I do say so myself. :)

Thanks for reading my babbling, and even more for looking at the pictures,


No comments: