Saturday, September 26, 2009

Soccer star?



This is the second week in a row where Blake has had compliments piled on him by his coaches following the game. He must really be good! I know nothing about soccer, so I am not a good judge. :) One of the other boys on the team is surely either a natural, or has been doing this a while. He plays offense, though, and he has really good control of the ball.

Blake usually (remember, non-soccer expert talking) is put on defense. From my perspective, he does seem to get in there when the ball heads down his way, but I can't usually see how successful he is at getting the ball away. The coach that came to praise him afterward today said that Blake always seems to be in the right place at the right time, that he thinks Blake is a natural, and that he wished he had Blake's long legs! I thought that was a pretty nice compliment! I don't know how right he is, and he admitted he's no soccer expert either, but it was nice to say either way. So, way to go Blake! :)

Last night, Connie Prince held a speed scrap at Gotta Pixel. She's had one the last couple of Friday nights, and I love evening scraps - no matter what kind they are. :) But, I like Connie's speed scraps especially, so even if you don't consider yourself a speedy scrapper ... stop in next time. She'll make it worth it -- she always does! ;)

Here is what I came up with:

Using directions from the Speed Scrap, and JUBILANT by Connie Prince ... the colors were perfect! :)

I also created this page recently ... to remember Blake's final T-ball game of the season which was on July 25th:

which is my second page with Lena and Tabatha's MAYHEM, available at Gotta Pixel. It is a rockin' boy kit!!! Gotta love them boy kits! :) Check out the rest of my gallery by clicking on the image to the right ... you know you want to see more, and you can learn more about how to MAKE these pages by jumping into the forums at Gotta Pixel too! Did you know that Gotta Pixel was my first digital scrapbooking home? Yep! Make it yours too! :)

No comments: