Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27 - Jan 27 - Runaway


Day_27
Originally uploaded by MindynKids
We had a run-away today. I went to check the mailbox right outside our door, and she ran out. I chased her for blocks and blocks. It was cold and dark ... between 10 and 11pm. I screamed for help because I kept getting so close and then she'd dash off again. She thought we were playing.

I finally caught her, but the adrenaline was gone. I ended up catching a ride home with a police officer as I had been out in just my socks (meaning, no shoes) and I was afraid I'd drop her if I slipped, and my feet were freezing.

I didn't take a picture that night ... went straight to bed, completely exhausted. So, I took this picture of her empty kennel to signify what we would have had if I hadn't caught her.

1 comment:

Trista said...

Oh Melinda... That must have been so scary. The empty kennel makes my heart feel sad. Glad you found her. Have your feet thawed out?